buenos aires, argentina
As composer, performer, producer and arranger
- 2004 “CírculoNómade” (Contemporary Tango)
- 2009 “Esencia” (Music for solo bandoneon)
- 2012 “SangraArcoírisConjunto” (Bandoneon andstrings)
His compositions have been praised by great masters of Argentinian and Latin American music, Egberto Gismonti stated: " tenho a impressão de queestoudiante de um compositor que contémtoda a melancoliaqueimaginohaverem um Argentinomúsico. Por favor entenda isso como um elogio de grandeza de alma."
(English: “I have the impression that I am in front of a composer that possesses all the melancholy that I imagine an argentine music. Please understand that as a compliment of greatness of soul”)
Releases as author and performer in Argentina
- Ondas (orchesta of archs and solo bandoneon)
- Impresiones (wind quintet)
- En la mano derecha (quartet of archs and solo bandeonist)
- Guerras (String Quartet)
- Aire (bandoneon and electronic acoustic media)
- Desdelastripas (guitar duet, violin, percussion, image commissioning, voice and actors)
- Serie de 12 piezas (solo bandoneon)
- Serie de 5 piezas ( string assembly and solo bandoneon)
- Serie de 20 pezs (guitar duet, guitar quartet, guitar solo)
He was summoned by the string quartet Oldenburguer Ratsmusik as solo performer to give concerts in Germany and to play works of Astor Piazzolla and works of Joaquín Alem.
He has premiered pieces for bandoneon and live processing in the auditorium of the UCA, chamber music pieces at the Gran Rex theater under Mozarteum Argentino, works for contemporary ensembles at the National Library, at the Center for Experimental Columbus Theatre and at the House of Culture of National Arts Fund.
Ensembles and composition of performances
He has done Works as music composer for the following theater shows: "El Nagual","Frágil" and “Hollywood” as arranger for the symphony orchestra: “Melody from Ofeoed Euridice” as tango arranger of musical productions: “Canciones de Piazzolla-Ferrer”, “Canciones de Eladia Blàzquez”, “Tangos nuevos y tradicional esparadiversas formaciones”.
Since 1999 working as head professor at the Conservatory of Music Ernesto Mogavero (Spanish: Conservatorio de Música Ernesto Mogavero) in the subject Harmonic Instruments.
- In charge of the seminary "entre la composición y la interpretación" (Spanish: between composition and interpretation) for two years at the Conservatory of Music.
He has given workshops and classes related to tango in Germany in collaboration with the Federation of German Accordion Masters, intended for accordion teachers and other instruments.
Courses of studies
He studied at the National Conservatory Carlos López Bouchardo and got a diploma as “National Teacher of Music”. While studying and the following years, he perfected with private teachers in composition, bandoneon, chamber music, orchestration and arrangements with the teachers Mónica Cosachov, Rodolfo Mederos, Sergio Balderravano, Julio Viera and Omar Cyrulnik.
visit the playlist of joaquin alem in our official youtube channel
visit the playlist of joaquin alem in our official youku channel